Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Where you been chicken little?

So you ask, where ya been? What 'cha been up to? Well the answer is... not a lot! Summer came to a close. We visited Galveston before the hurricane, started school, madly made many Halloween costumes, plunged into the holiday season and well, here we are. I've not made much new, but have caught up on my reading. Thank you Charlaine Harris for a lovely distraction! Ms. Harris is the inspiration behind HBO's True Blood and I've devoured the Southern Vampire series and await may for it's next installment. Of course it's also awakened my love of all things dark and dare I say, Vampire. So I've also sunk my teeth (ugh, that's bad) into books I've loved and not read in many, many years. I'd forgotten the love I had for the Vampire Chronicles but have rediscovered my favorites in Marius and Armand, and of course the brat prince himself Lestat. Of course I had to explain to my daughter that Edward Cullen is not the 'original' Vampire... albeit quite a charming one. So, in that... I present to you her Halloween costume. Charmed I'm sure! Well what better for a Goth, Punk, Princess, Vampire than custom tie dye and tutus? I thing nothing, but what's a mom to say! And not to be out done, the Oh So Sweet... Candy Corn Princess in her glory. These were the last creations until quite recently. I've been making some baby quilts and Valentines is coming upon us quickly. Before you know it we will be declaring that once again the year has flown by us too fast. I look forward to a productive year, filled with family and friends. Hope yours is as well.

No comments: